Traffic Officer Learnerships 2019,
Would you love to work in law enforcement? How about Traffic Officer Learnerships?
There are multiple opportunities for young, and talented individuals to become traffic officers. These learnership programs are made available yearly, through a variety of different companies. Most of these are for a minimum time of one year (12 months). All these companies are searching for eager South African citizens, with loads of energy.
For many this may not be the correct path towards a career, however, there are those who have found their calling within this field. So, do you feel that you would love to pursue this career path? Are you physically fit and in good health? Candidates may be required to do a medical fitness test, as well as a driving test before acceptance. Each company will have their own benefits to offer. Consequently, candidates are urged to make their selection carefully.
Candidates must be prepared to learn about all related fields and information concerning the traffic, road, and vehicles. You will receive classes, along with field experience and learn from experts within this field. These learnerships are rare in South Africa, but if this is your desire, you may find a learnership that is ideal for you.
Traffic Officer Learnerships Available
There are numerous companies offering learnerships within this sector, some of these are:
- The Provincial Government of Gauteng
- The Department of Community Safety and Transport Management
- Road Traffic Management Corporation
- The Western Cape Provincial Government
- The North West Department of Public Safety
- Gauteng Department of Community Safety
Traffic Officer Learnerships Requirements
Candidates must be younger than 35 in order to apply. Candidates must include a detailed curriculum vitae. They should also provide contactable references, along with any information they feel may be applicable to their application. Include certified copies of all relevant certificates, ID Documents and proof of address no older than three months.
Candidates will also be required to adhere to the following
- You must be a South African citizen
- Candidates must hold a valid South African ID document
- All candidates must have a valid Code B Driving License – Manual
- Candidates must have completed Grade 12, and hold a certificate
- Applicants must be proficient in English and one other language
- Candidates must not hold any criminal record
- You must be medically fit for strenuous activities
- Candidates must be competent to possess a firearm, thus not be declared incompetent in accordance to the Firearms Control Act
- All candidates must not be declared incompetent in any other Legislation that could be of relevance
- Candidates must be willing to work weekends, public holidays plus shifts
- Applicants must have exceptional communication skills –Verbal & Written
- Candidates must not be involved in any employee dismissal processes
Falsification of any kind will not be taken lightly. Only candidates who make the shortlist will be contacted. These candidates will be asked to do a medical, driving, fitness and fingerprint check. Candidates are not assured a permanent position after completion of their learnership, however, some of these institutes may offer permanent positions if they have an opening
Traffic Officer Learnerships Application
Learnerships online applications processes are made available by some companies. They do not all offer this process, and applications can be collected at the offices.